Friday, January 15, 2010

Haiti and Rag Quilts!

Now I am sure you have no clue what these 2 things have to do with each other, but I do.


You see I make rag quilts, that is what I do.  I made my first one 6 years ago for DH.  This is before I knew what a rotary cutter and snips were!  Yeah I know ")



Here is a pic 
Once I found out how easy and fun they were,
I made them for the whole family!

Now I buy remnants and make baby quilts for preemies!  I will give you more info on that later.







Our church has an orphanage we support in Haiti.  Luckily, through God's divine grace, they were spared any loss of life or extreme damage.  Here is a link to them:

I have made it my mission to make a quilt, or have a quilt made for each of the kids there.  Now I know they don't need them now.  Now they need prayers and basic necessities.  But they will in a month or 6 mos, when they can return to some form of normalcy.  You see I believe that each child in the world needs something to cuddle!


That is where Jenny's website came into play.  I am donating a baby quilt for the raffle, should have it up tomorrow.






Check it out.











What do you do that can benefit Haiti?  Maybe not right now, well prayer is always needed, but maybe 6 mos to a year down the line?

Just something to think about.

Toodles,


Laura

No comments: