Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Classic Banner

Inspired by Kate at Centsational Girl, I decided to come up with a simple banner for my house!  Using scraps I had around the house, old jeans, muslin and some toile, I set about to make a banner!

I cut a pattern out of cardboard and cut all the fabric out. 
I didn't finish the seams but left everything raw.
I strung it with twine and used beads in between each piece.
Then I cut stencils out using my cricut and painted away.  I love how it turned out!
 My hummingbird feeders are in the way, but you can see how nice it looks!

Now to find another simple craft to do for the 4th.  Where are my 2x4's?

Toodles,

Laura

Linking to:
Visit thecsiproject.com




Centsational Girl 



It's a Blog Party


Vintage Holiday Blog Party

6 comments:

Kim and Gen said...

Really neat! I so need to get one of those cricuts!

Decor To Adore said...

I adore your patriotic spirit. It is red, white and bluetiful!

I hope you'll stop by for my bbq on an Anthropologie inspired white tablecloth. :)

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Love what you did! Looks great and so patriotic.

anythinggoeshere said...

Thank you so much for joining the Vintage 4th of July blog party. xo Joan, your hostess thepottingshed-anythinggoeshere.blogspot.com/

Christie said...

I love this! I need to get a cricut...so, so cute! Three Pixie Lane

Kate Riley said...

Oh wow, it looks so great on your home, how festive ! Thanks so much for linking up to the party, I'm just delighted you did ! Happy Fourth of July !

Kate