Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A little building!

Remember how I said I wanted to get rid of the 80's in my family room?  Well I got a little help.

Have you checked out Ana at Knock Off Wood  ?  She has great easy to use plans for anything and everything you can think of!  So I found the plans for the Tryde side table and showed them to DH.  I think he was impressed that I wanted us to make something vs. buying something.  So off to Lowes we went.

Here is a pic of DH sawing away.

We cut all our pieces, we are making 2 end tables, and away we went!

Well at least some of us worked.  Maggie enjoyed laying in the sawdust!











Here is a pic of one of the tables finished before filling and sanding.
The second one went much faster.  We did learn that not all 2x4's are the same.  I believe that Ana's plans are for ones that are 3.5 " and ours were 3.5/8.  So one of the boards on the table top had to have a little shaved off.  But no biggee.  Love how it turned out.

So on Sunday, I filled and sanded, and sanded, and sanded.  And today I went and got the stain, Minwax Gel Stain in Rustic Oak.
I love how it turned out.  I wanted lots of knots and personality on the top, and this shows it great.
It is getting warm out today, I think 93 now, so I will stop for now and wait for it to set.  I am thinking I will paint the legs white then distress them a little.

You will have to come back later and see the finished tables!

Have a great day!

Laura


Knock-Off Wood

No comments: