Sunday, January 9, 2011

Love my Chickens!

Before Christmas I found this picture at HomeGoods.  Loved the silhouettes of the chickens but the frame not so much.  It was only $3.50 cause the thingys on the back to hold it in were missing.  Easy Fix.


So I remembered I had some of the beadboard like wallpaper I had gotten at Lowes when it went on clearance.
Perfect!  I cut the paper to fit and pasted it on, using tacky glue when needed!
Then I spray painted it red with paint I already had from another project!! It is a  little bright in this pic.

After a few coats and a good drying I wiped on some gel stain in walnut. Which I always have on hand! Lurve it!
Here it is hanging over my stove, there was nothing here before.  I used extra strength velcro to fasten it to the slate.  Worked great. 
Here is another pic.  The only cost was the cost of the picture, I already had the paper, paint and stain.

Oh and I just used the staple gun to shoot staples on the edge of the back to hold in the pic.

Easy Peasy!

Toodles,

Laura

Linked up to:
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite SpecialUndertheTableandDreaming





 
WhisperWood Cottage

1 comment:

WhisperWood Cottage said...

Such a creative use of that beadboard wallpaper! I had never thought of that!! Brilliant! It gives a whole new look. Thank for linking up!