Thursday, May 19, 2011

I have batten no board! Lurve it anyway!

Well finally I finished painting and spackling and caulking and sanding, etc.  Geesh my arm and hands are sore.  And here is the finished product!

Here is the before:  Yes I am being honest here.  This is from last fall. 
I love how it turned out.  We didn't do the board portion of the board and batten, so I guess you could say it was 'faux' board and batten.  But it really lightens up the room.  This room doesn't get much natural light, and until we add the light to the ceiling fan, which is purchased, just waiting.  Here are a few more shots:
I need to find a few more crosses for my cross wall and we still need to figure out what to put on the back wall. 
 This was taken last night.  I have our collection of old prints of mountains and lakes on the back wall.  Still need to find a few more.  The pic on the far left is of our favorite place, Silver Lake, in the California High Sierras. 

Hope you like it.

Toodles,

Laura

Linking to:

Transformation Thursday

1 comment:

CareyCottage said...

I like it Very much! It really does bring light and life into a room! Great Job! Come see me over at Carey Cottage. I"m following u!