Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summer Lanterns

I am loving all the lanterns seen around blogland.  So I have been on the hunt for them the past few months.  I found these two at Home Goods.  Sorry I don't have a before shot, they were a pewter gray and on clearance for about $4 each.  I took out the glass and spray painted them a fun turquoise!  I decided to only put every other glass panel back for easy lighting!






Next I found this tall black one at a garage sale for $1, yes $1. Just needed a new coat of fresh black to make it new again.  We used a chain from an old hanging plant and presto, a lantern chandelier!


Our backyard is one long patio.  This is a little seating alcove we have created.  Can't wait to sit out their and light them.  Been a little cool in So Cal in the evenings so may have to wait till the June Gloom makes way for July heat!

Have a great week,

Laura

Linked to:









Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special



The Shabby Nest



Chic on a Shoestring Decorating


Fantabulous Friday!

HookingupwithHoH









My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia















Domestically Speaking

3 comments:

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

I love the color your chose for those lanterns! So cute!

Jane @ Jane's Junk and Treasures said...

CUTE!!

I lived in Redondo for about 10 years......I remember June gloom!!

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

So so pretty! Now you've got me thinking about the lanterns I have stashed....spray paint here I come!