Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A little Jute with that please!

So if you remember, I have been making these cool screen satchels since March.  See here.








Well I thought I would try something different for the straps!  I had been looking for the black stripped jute that is used for furniture, but to no avail.  Then we were down at San Marcos, turning in DD's housing app, this was in May, I am slow ")  I had looked up fabric stores to visit while there, and found a little fabric store in downtown Escondido, Yardage Town.  I immediately found the jute I had been looking for and there was a 20% discount on Tuesdays, score!  I bought the whole thing!.  Fast forward to a few weeks ago and I made up this bag.  What do you think?






I used the jute for the straps instead of the pet screen fabric.  It is lined with a cute stripped muslin and has a darling cross zipper pull.  Wish I had bought more of those!












Like the other ones it has 6 pockets on the outside and 6 on the inside.  I have only one of these made up, it is on etsy.  But I can make more if there is a need.

Hope you like it.  Off to sew!


Laura








No comments: