Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Flannel, Flannel, oh my!

I have this thing with flannel.  Yes DH says it is serious, but I really don't think so...  Since I started making rag quilts 8 years ago, I tend to buy flannel when it is on sale, even if I don't have an immediate plan for it!  I buy remnants by the truckload.  Here is the evidence:
This is one of the storage solutions I came up with for the sewing room.  (More on that in another post) 
This is just part of my collection.  Here is more:
 These are the bins that hold a lot of my remnants, my cutting table is just below.  See I have lots of flannel.

I am always looking for ways to use it.  I make quilts for premmies through Threads of Love, see this post.  But I wanted something else.

Well wonderful Layla at The Lettered Cottage posted on her facebook a link to a pillowcase project at All People Quilt.  Bingo.  What a great way to use the flannel, they have lots of different patterns you could use, but I just went with the basic one.  I made my first one in about 1/2 hr.
I have a few more cut out, good thing flannel is on sale this week an JoAnn's I think I may need some!  LOL

I am going to see if I can donate these to the Joy Jar project at the NEGU Foundation.  This is an awesome cause started by a young girl diagnosed with brain cancer last year.  She lost her battle just recently, but it was her goal that every child facing cancer should have a little joy in their life.  She created NEGU foundation, NEGU stands for Never Ever Give UP.  Such a awesome cause by such a young but extremely gifted young lady.  It makes me happy to know these will be going to young people that are needing a little joy in their life as they fight this awful fight.  It is the least I can do!

Hope you are having a great week!

Toodles,

Laura


No comments: