Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A day off!

Tomorrow is going to be interesting.  We will have no power from 9-5.  I know that doesn't seem like a big deal, and it really isn't, but it has never happened here!  We got notice from the power company that they will be doing maintenance tomorrow, it may not be that long, but they want to cover their bases. The thing that is freaking DS out is no computer or TV!!!  What will he do?  Sort of makes me chuckle!

In light of that I began working on niece #1's graduation rag quilt.  She is graduating the end of the month and DD and DM and I will be flying back to ATL  for the ceremony.  I made rag quilts for all the nieces and nephews 9 Christmas's ago when I first started sewing them.  Where did the time fly?  She will be attending USC (University of South Carolina) in the fall on a dance scholarship.  Here is a pic of her quilt all layed out:  (I don't think she reads this, I hope!)

Can you tell her fav color is pink?  These are 10" squares and it is 6 rows by 7 rows.  I will take a 1 inch seam to be snipped.  Here it is after the rows have been sewn.
I try to find fabric that matches the person receiving the quilt.  Hence the square of ballerina's,and all the hearts!  This is my niece!  We only have a JoAnn's fabric here and I have learned when you see a fabric you like buy it, cause it may not be there next week!

So tomorrow no sewing, but I think I will hit up the thrift shops, haven't been there in a while.

Have a great Thursday!

Toodles,

Laura



No comments: