Monday, May 7, 2012

A Quest!




Have you ever seen that show on DIY called 'I Want That'?  Well I found this idea on what else, Pinterest, and I Want That!  Here is a pic:

source:Under the Sycamore

 So I have been on a quest to find doilies!  I already have some that were my grandmother's as well as DH's grandmother's. But I needed more.  So off I went to the thrift shops.  Ouch!  I think sometimes they think because we are in 'the OC', they can charge ridiulous prices.  $5 for one doily?  So I went to the local Flea Market yesterday!  By the way if you are in South Orange County on the first Sunday of the month, check out the Antique Market at the Big Park in Irvine.  Lots of fun and there is a Farmer's Market as well!

Well I found a number of spaces with $1 bins with doilies!  I purchased 10 of them, so I need to dig around and find mine to get this done!  But...  Today I am weeding the back garden.  I started yesterday and told DH I would finish today and clean up.  Sun is finally out here, so will be nice to have the patio and garden done.

What do you have on your to-do list?

Have fun doing it!

Laura
 
PS:  Rachel over at Reduce, Reuse, Upcycle is featuring my chandy! Thanks Rachel!




No comments: