Saturday, August 11, 2012

My Sierra Heaven

We have been going up to the Eastern Sierra's in California on vacation since before the kids were born.  It is one of our favorite places.  This summer DH decided we would go in the fall only.  But I am missing me some Sierra Heaven.  Here are a few pics to tempt you too!

This was last fall.  They had received their first snowfall a few days before.  The steam coming off the lake was amazing.  I love this pic!

This is Gull Lake in the June Lake Loop.  We went to enjoy the view after a good day of fishing.  Love the sun on the water.  Gorgeous!

This is a wonderful shot of Silver in the morning.  When the water is so still and you can see Carson Peak's reflection.  AAHH, so relaxing.

All those pics were taken last fall when DH and I went on our fall fishing trip.  DH has been going in the fall for years with the 'guys', but I could never go cause the kids were in Marching Band and your time is not yours till Thanksgiving!  Since DD graduated last year I was able to go for the first time and it was awesome! 

We caught this every day!

Our limit, every day and the vaccum sealed them up to take home!  YUM!

This is Virginia Lake, further north.  There was a foot of snow on the ground when we got there to fish.  I caught my limit before DH even caught one!  Love it! 
With scenery like this fishing is so relaxing!

Can't wait to go in 2 mos. 

Do you have a favorite vacation spot that so relaxing?

Have a great weekend.

Laura

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


No comments: