Friday, February 22, 2013

A Little Betty Bag



Last year I joined DAR, Daughters of the American Revolution.  I really enjoy it, genealogy has always been an interest of mine.  My neighbor Chris was so helpful and supportive of me in this quest, so I wanted to make her a special Thank You gift.  


I found this darling pattern at The Mother Huddle for the Little Betty Bag.  Too cute.  I had some left over fabric from a tote bag I made last year for the DAR auction.  Very patriotic!  The bag is more of  a small evening bag, which is what I wanted.  This way she can take it to State Conference and use at the formal nights!

So here are a few pics!

This is the front flap.  I tried to center the print I also added seed beads to the print.  Nothing like making it harder!
This will be the back.
Here it is all finished.  I used a chain for the strap, and a magnetic closure.
Found these cute chain holders at JoAnn's.  You can remove the chain if you want to use as a clutch.  It is small and will hold a phone, cash and maybe a lipstick.

Here is a close up of the beading detail I added.  Hope it isn't too hooky.

Have a great weekend all.

Toodles,.

Laura

Visit thecsiproject.com

No comments: