Sunday, March 10, 2013

Old Glory



Hi, hope you are having a great day!

As you may remember I enjoy making rag quilts, flannel ones at that.  I have always wanted to try a flag quilt.  Have you seen them?  I just never found a pattern I liked.  I have a few pinned on Pinterest, but none that I really wanted to tackle. Finally I found one easy enough for me to do. Here is a pic of the patten I found.

A patriotic raggedy quilt that looks like a rustic and ragged flag.

Didn't look too hard, now I just need to scour my stash to find all the red, white/cream and blue flannel I had.  I knew I would probably need more so off to Joann's I went.  I bought some solids and some prints.  Here is what I came up with.
This is just laid out on my bed, which I always use to lay out my quilts.  Really hard to find cream and white prints in flannel.  And I worry that the red will run.  Oh well, here it is with the rows sewn.

And from the other side:
 So after I got it all sewn up, I really like out it turned out.  
I do a decorative stitch around the edges, this time I use red thread on one side and blue on the other!
And here she is after snipping and washing!
What do you think?  I think it turned out great!  The red didn't run and I washed it twice, in cold with 2 color catchers.  I think I will make another one!  This one is going to our annual DAR Heritage Tea silent auction.

Have a great week!

Laura

 
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


DIY Show Off




I Heart Nap Time

No comments: