Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A Jewelry Case

So as you may remember I am into genealogy and joined DAR in 2012.  I really enjoy it and we have fun making rag quilts for the baby shower at our local Marine base!  Well part of that is having and wearing pins, patriotic and such.  I just had them in a drawer, but wanted something to store them in and have it easy to travel for conferences and stuff.  

I stumbled across this Jewelry Case pattern on pinterest, and voila an idea was born!



It is real easy and not hard to do at all!  You just need to gather all your supplies and you will be done in no time.  I adjusted by not adding the snap, just made it a ribbon tie.  Here are a few pics from the first one I did.



 As you can see this one is 8x13 inches.  You use 3 9 inch zippers, the vinyl is real easy to work with.
I found this awesome ribbon at Michaels on clearance, too bad there was only one!


Since then I have made a few more, making them wider to accomadate many of the lineage society ribbons. 

Here are a few pics!

It has been a lot of fun picking out the fabrics, ribbons and zipper pulls.  
Off to sew!

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Love seeing my tutorial put to use :) The addition of the zipper pulls is a really nice touch.